tuesday stories for 2/2/10
I’ve got a lot of projects in the works as of late, so my blogging might get a bit sparse the next few days. But here are some good reads for Tuesday:
Well good gods, no wonder it’s been such a bitch to find work. With an unemployment rate of 18% among those 18-24, what is this going to do to this generation? This is a very unsettling statistic because angry, intelligent and bored young people can do some dangerous things. See: Russian Revolution of 1917 and the entire decade of the 1960s.
2. Terror trials opinions:
Two good columns today about where to hold trials of 9/11 conspirators and other terrorists. Watch them face off!
Now this is just cool. Check it out.
“Spray-on liquid glass is transparent, non-toxic, and can protect virtually any surface against almost any damage from hazards such as water, UV radiation, dirt, heat, and bacterial infections. The coating is also flexible and breathable, which makes it suitable for use on an enormous array of products.”
And since it is caucus day today, here’s a concise set of principles for all you conservatives to keep in mind while you discuss and propose and poll tonight:
- You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
- You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
- You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
- You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
- You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
- You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
- You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
- You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
- You cannot build character and courage by destroying men’s initiative and independence.
- And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.
—William John Henry Boetcker (1873–1962)
Have it good,
No comments yet.